Saturday, March 5, 2011

Laying down the gauntlet....

A couple of years ago I bought this fantastic Cynthia Steffe dress. It has a 60's mod feel with its slight A-line, big pockets and a little punk rocker mixed in via the patent strip on the back zip. It quickly found a place on my favourite items list and was shockingly appreciated in equal measure by my husband. That is a whole other story but suffice to say there are many clothing choices on which we vehemently disagree.

I was super excited to find a pattern for the dress and resolved to try making it in other colours. I found some lovely dark plum and dark plum material in Mood and some fantastic buttons in a little side-street shop nearby. Having the actual dress at home made me feel more confident about pulling this off.

Unfortunately said dress is no more. To cut a long story short, I managed to leave it (along with a couple of other favourite items) in the closet of a hotel in Colorado on checking out. Upon realizing my error I was hopeful that the hotel would have recovered the items and that they'd be sitting somewhere awaiting collection. Sadly, this was not the case - somehow the hotel managed to throw them out!!!! So, I am now going blindly into making this item from scratch - the pressure is on.

Stay tuned.....

If you want to have a go at this yourself - it's available on the Vogue Patterns website:

No comments:

Post a Comment